Friday, November 4, 2016

Do you want to be recruited, or do you want to be a baseball player?

So many parents and players have fallen in love with recruiting and being recruited. Becoming a baseball player is secondary. Being recruited doesn't make you a baseball player, I don't care what level it is, D1 on down. By the same token just because you aren't getting the attention you would like that doesn't mean you aren't a baseball player. Believe me I see D1 players all summer that can't play a lick!!! When a baseball guy calls you a "baseball player" that's the greatest compliment you can be given. Simply playing the game or being recruited doesn't make you a baseball player!!!!! Become a baseball player first, the rest will take care of itself!!! Coaches, colleague's, friends in baseball, when those guys tell me, your players (Railers, Prospects) may not be the most talented but they're all baseball players.  And that's the greatest compliment I can get. That's how I know I'm doing my job!

No comments: